BIG BOX/INTERNET STORE vs. LOCAL BIKE SHOP
Value shopping can be very different from price shopping. Quality and services are a big part of the pricing equation. Have you ever tried the following?:
- Call and get information or help from the big box/internet store bike dept.
- Go in and actually get information or help from the big box/internet store bike dept.
- Go in and get fitted to test ride a bike at the big box/internet store bike dept. Does it fit?
- Go in and get detailed service from the big box/internet store bicycle department
- Go in and get a credit or trade in value on a bike from the big box/internet store
- Go in and get warranty work done on a bike at a big box/internet store
WHAT IS YOUR TIME AND YOUR SAFETY WORTH TO YOU?
Compare the quality difference in the product. It is very easy to simply view it, much less feel it in a test ride:
ROSWELL BICYCLES > BIG BOX
- Straight gauge hi-tensile steel frame material < butted and shaped aluminum tubing @ Roswell
- Spot welded < full precision TIG weld @ Roswell
- Steel rims with paint or epoxy coating < aluminum rims @ Roswell
- Galvanized spokes < stainless steel no rust spokes @ Roswell
- 1 piece steel cranks < 3 piece aluminum cranks @Roswell
- Plastic brake levers and other misc. parts < aluminum @ Roswell
How does this change performance and durability?
- Bikes sold by Roswell Bicycles are built by a certified technician and not a minimum wage stock person with no certification. Our bike works correctly and your child is safe.
- Our trade in value and our bike is often already the cheaper price.
- Bikes sold by Roswell Bicycles come with a lifetime free comp #1 tune ups which continue to enhance the value and continue to make our quality bike a cheaper price. We will gladly repair your department store bike as it will need more service work than our quality name brand bike; however, you will pay for that service work every time you see us.
- Free lay-away and free secure storage and you should be home free.