Bike of the Week
GIANT TRANCE X 29 2
Chunky rock gardens, roots and technical climbs. This hard-charging trail bike adapts to the terrain, giving you confidence and control on all types of singletrack.
29er confidence and control
29-inch wheels optimized to roll over technical terrain with balance and stability, giving you more momentum on tricky climbs and confidence to fly on fast singletrack descents. Added clearance for up to 2.5-inch tires.
Maestro rear suspension features a trunnion mount shock with a longer stroke and smoother feel. With 135mm of full rear-wheel travel (and 150mm up front), it features an Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker arm for increased stiffness and strength plus lower overall frame weight.
A flip chip lets you change the headtube and seattube angles, along with the bottom bracket height, to fine-tune the handling. You can choose the low position (65.5/77.2 head/seattube angle and 40mm BB drop) for fast, open terrain, or high (66.2/77.9 head/seattube angle and 30mm drop) for slower, tighter singletrack.
- Frame:ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum front and rear triangles, 135mm Maestro suspension, flip chip, 12x148mm thru-axle
- Fork: RockShox 35 Gold RL, 150mm, 44mm offset, 15×110 Maxle Stealth, custom tuned for Giant
- Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance, 185/55, custom tuned for Giant
- Handlebar: Giant Contact TR35, 780x35mm, 20mm rise
- Stem:Giant Contact SL 35 S:40mm, M:40mm, L:50mm, XL:50mm
- Seatpost: Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote S: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm M: 150mm travel / 30.9 x 440mm L: 170mm travel / 30.9 x 450mm XL: 170mm travel / 30.9 x 450mm
- Saddle: Giant Romero
- Shifters: SRAM SX Eagle, 1×12
- Front Derailleur: NA
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle
- Brakes: Shimano Deore BR-MT420, hydraulic, Shimano RT-66 rotors
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore BL-MT401
- Cassette: SRAM SX, 11×50
- Chain: SRAM SX Eagle
Crankset: SRAM SX, 30t S:165mm, M:170mm, L:170mm, XL:170mm
Rims: Giant AM 29, alloy
Tires: [F] Maxxis Minion DHF 29×2.5 WT, EXO, TR [R] Maxxis Dissector 29×2.4 WT, 60 TPI, 3C Max Terra, EXO, TR