Bike of the Week
GIANT Defy Advanced 1
AVAILABILITY: Call for Availability
Choose the longer route. Climb higher mountains. This smooth-riding endurance road bike is made for long-distance rides on all types of roads.
Advanced Composite frame is engineered for endurance road riding. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar absorb road shocks and vibrations, and its smooth ride quality means you’ll feel less fatigue on long rides.
Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and on rough roads.
Endurance road geometry, plenty of tire clearance (up to 35mm), and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged mountain passes.
- Sizes XS, S, M, M/L, L, XL
- Colors Orion Nebula/Metallic Black
- Frame Advanced-Grade Composite, disc
- Fork Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Shock N/A
- Handlebar Giant Contact SL D-Fuse XS:40cm, S:40cm, M:42cm, M/L:42cm, L:44cm, XL:44cm
- Grips Stratus Lite 3.0
- Stem Giant Contact XS:80mm, S:90mm, M:100mm, M/L:100mm, L:110mm, XL:110mm
- Seatpost Giant D-Fuse, composite, 14mm offset
- Saddle Giant Approach
- Pedals N/A
- Shifters Shimano 105 Di2
- Front Derailleur Shimano 105 Di2
- Rear Derailleur Shimano 105 Di2
- Brakes Shimano 105 Di2 hydraulic, Giant MPH rotors [F]160mm, [R]140mm
- Brake Levers Shimano 105 Di2
- Cassette Shimano 105, 12-speed, 11×34
- Chain KMC X12
- Crankset Shimano FC-RS520, 34/50 XS:170mm, S:170mm, M:172.5mm, M/L:172.5mm, L:175mm, XL:175mm
- Bottom Bracket Shimano, press fit
- Rims Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset, alloy
- Hubs Giant alloy, 12mm thru-axle
- Spokes Sapim
- Tires Giant Gavia Fondo 1, tubeless, 700x32c (33.5mm), folding
- Extras fender mount, tubeless prepared, 35mm max tire size